1970 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 JR Zagato
|Model:||Giulia 1300 JR|
|Modifications:||Alfaholics GTA-R Specifications|
History: An example of Alfa Romeo’s design and engineering excellence, the Jr. Zagato was a special build by renowned design house and coach builder Zagato. It was penned by Ercole Spada in 1968 who had designed the famed TZ in 1963, the small nose, raked windscreen and kamm tail were obvious carry over concepts. Unique was the Plexi Glass front panel with just an Alfa Romeo shell cut into it and the hatchback rear window, which opened with an electric switch. The main body was steel, while the front hood and doors were aluminum. The interior has typical Zagato touches with sports seats, head rests and recessed instruments. It was built on a shortened “Duetto” chassis, power was by the proven twin cam 1.3-liter engine and 5 speed syncro mesh transmission. Only 1108 examples were built. All were left hand drive. It made its debut at the Turin Motorshow in October of 1969.
Description: Take a beautifully restored Alfa Romeo Zagato and then send it to Marque Experts “Alfaholics” in the U.K. for the best GTA-R Series updates. Automotive journalist and driver Chris Harris said “Alfaholics” is to Alfa Romeo what Singer is to Porsche.
• 220bhp 2.1 Nord engine, GTA-R spec heritage throttle bodies & Motec M1 series ECU
• GTA-R clutch/flywheel/starter pack
• GTA-R driveline package, 0.79 5th gear conversion/LSD/hollow halfshafts
• Full tubular S/S exhaust
• GTA-R late cooling package with built in a/c condenser and fans
• GTA-R injection fuel package with bespoke aluminum foam filled fuel tank for JZ
• GTA-R suspension package
• GTA-R 6-pot brake package
• 7”x15” GTA wheel and tire package
• Air conditioning package
• Billet steering box casing
• GTA-RPCB and loom package
• Dynamat kit
• GTA-R controls package
• GTA-R billet air a/c vents
• LED headlight conversion
• Lightweight heated JZ windscreen
• Front grille metal finished & polished to improve on Zagato manufacturing quality
For full detailed list, please inquire. The GTA-R spec upgrades alone are an approximate $150,000 cost. To have a car built is about a 3 to 4 year wait. Plus the cost of a restored JR. Zagato, which is over $100,000 to start with. Turning this Alfa Romeo into a stunning sportscar. With its light 2000lb weight and 220bhp 2.1-liter fuel injected engine and upgraded suspension, it will outperform many a modern sports car. Only three have been built so far. The 1st going to McLaren road car designer Gordon Murray. This is the only example in the USA.
Of Note: With the best Porsche 356 Outlaws selling from $250,000 – to $350,000 – and the Singer 911 at $711,000 – this much more rare and unique Alfa Romeo Zagato is a fairly priced car.